We had another amazing year at Starr King Open Space, here are some of the highlights:
- Completed the first phase of restoration of the Coral Road concrete loop, returning half of it to its natural state
- Partnered with Literacy for Environmental Justice to plant another 700 native plants as part of our Coral Road restoration efforts
- Trimmed our eucalyptus trees and stepped up foxtail abatement efforts to provide a safer open space for families and pets
- Recommenced our annual Spring mimosa wildflower walks
- Held our 3rd annual Sunset Piano Block Party in September, our most successful to date
Education, land stewardship, and community building are all priorities of this Board and we are proud of our accomplishments this year.
In 2018 we hope to kick-off completion of the removal of Coral Road and fill that area with native plantings. We are also working hard to continue maintenance of the large eucalyptus and foxtail abatement efforts to continue to keep the open space safe for families and visitors. With your financial support, we can make these projects happen.
Starr King Open Space and the 501(c)3 organization that manages it survive solely on donations and grants. With these funds, the Board is able to keep the Open Space safe, clean, and beautiful for everyone to enjoy.
Whether you walk your dog on Starr King Open Space, enjoy the sunsets, or just appreciate the value of wild open space, you understand we can’t afford to lose this neighborhood treasure.
Please do your part to help protect your Open Space and consider making a tax-deductible donation today. You can donate using PayPal or credit card or you can send a check to our PO box. Our SKOS Tax ID # is 942967564.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Starr King Open Space Board of Directors