Starr King Open Space and the 501(c)3 organization that manages it survive solely on donations and grants. With these funds, the Board is able to keep the open space safe, clean and beautiful for everyone to enjoy.
Unfortunately, this year our treasury was depleted significantly when the open space received a bill for $6,000 to repair the sidewalks on Carolina and 23rd Streets. In addition to the repair bill, we are required to maintain insurance which costs an additional $1,700 per year. As such, your contribution this year is more critical than ever. With your support, here are some of the great things we’ve been able to accomplish in 2014:
- We planted over 500 new purple needlegrass seedlings (our California state grass) in three different locations across the open space
- We submitted an application to the city and county of SF for a Community Challenge Grant to remove the concrete Coral Road loop
- We submitted an application for consideration as an eligible non-profit for UCSF’s green parking fund
- We created four brand new rustic benches from wood reclaimed from a felled tree adjacent to the open space
- We hosted another year of Spring Wildflower Walks attended by neighbors from all over Potrero Hill
Whether you walk your dog on Starr King Open Space, enjoy the sunsets, or just appreciate the value of wild open space, you understand we can’t afford to lose this neighborhood treasure.
Please do your part to help protect the open space and consider donating today. You can donate using PayPal or credit card using the link on the right or you can send a check to our PO box. Our SKOS Tax ID # is 942967564.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Starr King Open Space Board of Directors